Best Gaming Mice Under $50
As a gamer, when choosing to buy a gaming console or building a gaming PC, the decision can be quite hard. On one hand, a gaming console usually has the accessories needed in order to enjoy a bunch of games it comes with while building a gaming PC can be quite a challenge but definitely worth it.
If the PC is used for specific game genres, a specialized mouse must be considered. Sometimes, an all-purpose gaming mouse works for one genre and some are specially built for specific game genres like FPS or RPG games. There are premium quality gaming mice available in the market that can be personalized by the player depending on his/her preference and are usually used for gaming tournaments.
Before you decide which is the best mouse for you, read these detailed reviews and pros and cons of each.
Best Gaming Mice Under $50 in 2019
This gaming mouse is one of the best gaming mice that costs less than $50. It has a sandy matte coating that makes it easy to handle during gameplay and the sides are finished with silicone coating making it easier to grip. It weighs approximately 90 grams and it has a solid built quality considering the price it has which also packs an impressive texture that is so much better than cheap plastic. It has an ambidextrous design, the curves are placed in the right places and the back edge of the mouse falls off steeply and comfortable for the palm, therefore, can be advised for left-handed users.
SteelSeries Sensei 310 is designed with TrueMove3, an amazing optical sensor, it offers 12,000 CPI and one to one tracking up to 3500 CPI and has a 50 million click lifespan, it will last a very long time. SteelSeries was able to manage to add another feature, advanced jitter reduction wherein it helps smooth out micro-movements from the user’s hand during exciting gameplay. The SteelSeries is worth the price for its solid build quality, top-notch sensor, and the comfort it gives the user when using it for gaming. This gaming mouse is perfect for new gamers who are new to the scene. SteelSeries Rival 310 is perfect for right-handed users.
- Affordable price. It is comfortable to use for gamers who use claw and palm grip styles.
- It doesn’t have braided cable and the sensor calibration support is unavailable.
- Not advisable for users with large hands.
It is advisable for gamers with a claw grip. It is a 6-button gaming mouse, have high DPI perfect for RTS games as it is more versatile compared to its predecessor Master Spawn. The ring finger has its own support and back has the right amount of arch while the left and right buttons flatten and it supports the claw grip perfectly. The left side is slotted and serves as a thumb support. The front side is also shaped like of the Ferrari grill. It features three-zone RGB lighting which supports 16.7 million colors and different patterns that looks amazing during gameplay. The rear, the border around the mouse’s logo, and the wheel scroll light up during gaming.
- High capacity sensor, capable of 12,000 DPI
- Features the Omron switch
- Offers decent comfort while playing
- Some reviewers complain of poor build quality
- Individuals who are not used to the claw grip style will have a hard time using this mouse
The brand that released this gaming mouse is well-known for producing high-quality keyboards, RAM, PC, and power supplies. This gaming mouse features one of the best optical sensors in the market and comes with removable thumb grips. It measures 3.6 x 4.95 x 1.75 inches, naturally large which makes it perfect for users who prefer palm grip styles. The sides are designed with a contoured shape which offers comfort especially, during long gaming. The entire exterior is painted with soft-touch paint that makes it easy to grip and easy to hold on and will not slip during extensive gaming. The entire surface is not wide enough to fit the ring and pinky finger to rest on top of it comfortably and finished with a textured pad on the right side of the mouse that allows easy handling.
- It has interchangeable thumb grips, glides smoothly and it has smooth motion and tracking
- It is an excellent and ergonomic gaming mouse that comes with customizable options
- Made from plastic
- More pricey compared to competitor options
This wireless gaming mouse offers solid performance, considering its very affordable low price. It can perform even if 15 m away from the source and has a long battery life (may last up to 15 months but it varies depending on use), it comes with Auto Switch Off function that will save energy whenever the PC is turned off, the gaming mouse will automatically switch off as well. It has 2400 DPI; the performance can be tuned depending on the gaming needs of the user. It is designed with extra two buttons that can be programmed and can be edited depending on the gameplay requirements. VicTsing MM057 may not be the best gaming mice but it provides better performance especially for those gamers who have a tight budget.
- Comes in a different variety of colors
- very affordable
- long-lasting battery life
- Easy to use
- It is strong and durable with a wide range
- Has low DPI settings
- small size individuals with large hands will not enjoy this gaming mouse
This gaming mouse never fails to stand out with its classic aesthetic design, solid build quality, and top-notch performance. It features one of the most advanced optical sensors with 16,000 DPI 5G Optical sensor and 99.4% resolution accuracy that greatly improves one’s gaming experience. It delivers optimum performance that is well-known for Razer products. The gaming experience can be improved depending on the personal preference of the user with the programmable buttons it comes with and by personalizing the gaming mouse scroll and logo depending on one’s style or mood with the 16.8 million customizable color options it offers. It is known to deliver reliable quality and performance and it included the RBG LED lighting inside the mouse.
- Produced by a trusted and well-known company
- It is made with Chroma design and has durable and solid build quality
- Can be customized by using Razer Synapse 2.0
- Gaming mice buttons can be customized depending on the gameplay requirements
- The Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches are extremely durable and can last up to 50 million clicks
- It comes in various colors.
- The design ergonomics can be improved
- The placement of DPI buttons can be accidentally bumped during extensive gaming
- Thumb button placement is designed for users with large hands
Factors to consider when buying an affordable gaming mouse
Sensor – The sensor is a very important part of a mouse. It is the heart of the mouse and there are 3 types available to choose from Infrared, laser, and optical. The most common in the market is the laser sensor. It can be used on any surface, however; it comes with a disadvantage that will be considered as a deal-breaker to a gamer. A laser mouse compared to other types has a higher lift-off distance. It can cause a problem when the mouse reaches the edge of the mouse-mat and it needs to be repositioned, therefore, affecting the game view and it is definitely a bad thing when it happens during an important part of the game. Professional gamers usually choose an optical mouse and use a quality mouse-mat that allows the sensor to read the surface accurately.
Grip Style – The grip style of gamers usually varies. It is important to consider when planning to purchase a gaming mouse. The grip style is usually classified into three types’ claw grip, fingertip grip, and palm grip.
- Claw grip – This grip style is a combination of the palm and fingertip grip. The palm rests on the edge of the mouse while the finger and thumb tips are slightly angled on the buttons.
- Fingertip grip – On this grip style, the tips of the index, middle and ring fingers rest on the buttons and the wheel while the palm is not touching the body of the mouse and the thumb grips the side of the mouse.
- Palm grip – This grip style is the most commonly used by players. The fingers will lie on the buttons and at the same time, the entire palm rests on the body of the mouse.
Connectivity – A gaming mouse can be wired or wireless. Wireless mice are recommended if one hates having to untangle one wire from another on the desk, however, a disadvantage of using one will affect the gameplay such as, its ability to properly transmit the signal to the receiver and it may cause delay to the cursor response, it is a critical factor when in the middle of an important gameplay. Modern wireless mice nowadays have improved their performance, in terms of delay (lag), but when looking for an absolutely fast and responsive gaming mouse, a corded mouse is definitely advisable to get.
Wireless mice will also rely on the battery power it has and it may fail during a significant stage of the game. There are some that come with charging accessories. Battery weight can affect the lightness of a mouse. There are wireless mice that use a detachable USB cable that can be easily hooked whenever it needs a charging boost, the cable can be easily detached and no batteries will add to the weight of the mouse.
Different types of Mice – There are various gaming mice available on the market and here are some to make choosing easier when planning to purchase one.
- Shooter Mice – It is one of the most common mouse for gaming in the market. It is easy to use and uses basic controls; it is usually advisable for beginner players. This type of mice has a conventional left, wheel, and right buttons. It has added two to three buttons. This type of gaming mouse is frequently used for FPS games. It is the simplest gaming mouse and will help new gamers to adapt to the games by using only three fingers.
- MMO Mice – MMO gaming mice are perfect for a game genre that uses custom skills. An MMO mouse was created with a 12-button grid for the thumb. For the past couple of years, MMO mice have been one of the top choices for gamers and players alike. It is usually designed with standard buttons and added with better specifications that help improve the gaming experience. MMO mice usually can withstand a series of clicks and are advised for games that will require quick movement, especially when performing contextual skills. However, the small thumb buttons are not ideal for fast action and shooter games.
- Hybrid Mice – Hybrid mice is the gaming mouse that offers a combination of the different types of gaming mice available in the market. A hybrid mouse is usually flexible enough to perform and work with any game genre. It is usually designed with two thumb buttons that can be used for shooter games and have an extra sensitivity that can be adjusted depending on the game requirements. It is advisable for those who prefer something that is flexible and not just focuses on one game genre.
- Ambidextrous Mice – These are the gaming mice that can actually cater for left-handed gamers. These are designed with a symmetrical body and it has thumb buttons on both sides and can be used to properly calibrate specific movements during difficult gameplay.
Sensitivity – Gaming mouse sensitivity is important to consider when one is planning to purchase one. The sensitivity of the sensor of a gaming mouse is measured in the DPI or dots per inch measurement. The higher the DPI aspect of the mice, the faster is the movement and by using minimal effort only. It improves the gaming experience and exhibits better response time on the PC screen during gameplay.
Size – The overall size of a gaming mouse can affect the gaming experience of a player. A mouse with versatile ergonomics allows better performance, accuracy, and prolonged usage. If with improper design, a mouse can cause strain and injuries to the user. If a gamer is comfortable while playing games, he will be able to enjoy the gaming experience fully. The palm-size of the player must be considered when choosing the best gaming mouse for him.
Price – Lastly, gaming mice usually fall into three price categories. There are gaming mice that cost less than $50, between $50-100, and more than $100. The price alone will provide an idea regarding the performance of the three categories; however, it is not impossible for one to purchase a great mouse at a low price.
- Less than $50 – Budget gaming mice are common in the market. Although it may offer a top-notch quality, there are still some that rise above and prove they’re worth purchasing.
- Price range between $50-$100 – In this price range, a lot of gaming mice offer user-friendly designs, better sensors, and excellent software.
- More than $100 – This price range usually consists of customizable gaming mice that offer different options and can be personalized according to the players’ gaming needs. Some gaming mice can swap out different elements like the wheels, buttons, and palm rests.
Buying a gaming mouse can be considered as an investment, to choose the right one will be quite a challenge because usually one gaming mouse might be considered as the best for one user but not for another. One must consider his personal gaming preference, the budget (of course) and the extra features you want a gaming mouse to have. Buying gaming mice for PC gaming and depending on the games you will be using it is one of the important aspects that must be put into considering as well.
The next feature you need to look out for is the laptops battery life. This is important for any laptop unless you are okay with constantly working near an electrical outlet. If you are always on the move, it pays to get a laptop with a higher than average battery life. At this price range, you can buy a laptop that has a battery life of 6 hours with a single charge.
In terms of connectivity, you need to make sure that the laptop supports the fastest 802.11ac which is the standard for most Wifi connections today. It is also important to have at least 2 or 3 USB 3.0 ports included.